- What subjects can you write about?
- How much do you charge?
- What does the price you quote for me include and exclude?
- What do you need to know in order to quote for a project?
- What else do I need to know?
With research and time I can write about anything you like, and that is what’s so exciting about being a business copywriter! Here is a list of my pre-existing knowledge to give you a flavour:
- Children’s crafts, cookery and gardening
- Local news
- Music, books and the arts
- Primary education (encompassing the whole range of subject areas)
- Teaching English as a foreign language
- Travel and tourism
As a new freelance copywriter my rates are highly competitive with a discount available for charities and not-for-profit organisations. I will give you a quote for the entire project, and only in exceptional circumstances will I charge by the hour. In order to calculate a price I follow the guidelines of The Professional Copywriters’ Network.
Most of the time fees are quoted on a fixed cost basis so there are no hidden surprises. This price includes an initial briefing meeting if you would like one, a first draft and two revisions of this draft. The fee includes travel expenses within thirty miles of my base in Needingworth, Cambridgeshire. If any additional work is required outside the project brief then this may incur an additional charge on an hourly rate agreed at the start of the project.
Before I begin I will need to know:
- what you would like to be written
- how long you need the copy to be
- what you would like the copy to achieve
- who your target audience is
- your deadline.
If your copy is for digital media you may also want to provide me with search engine optimisation data too. You can either call me to discuss your project or email me an outline. I will reply to you within twenty-four hours or immediately if possible.
- For all the small print, please read the terms and conditions. Many thanks.
If you are looking for a business copywriter, get in touch!